Clinics & Services
- Minor surgery and operations
- Contraceptive advice – long acting implants and injections
- Travel advice and vaccinations
Debbie works every other Monday, Tuesdays plus Thursday and Friday mornings. During this time, she will provide the following services:
- Diabetic clinic – appointment required
- Well woman – smear clinic - appointment required
- Diet/exercise/lifestyle advice clinic - appointment required
- Pre-conceptual care - appointment required
- Contraceptive advice - appointment required
- Cardiac/stroke hypertension clinic – appointment required
Other Services Available:
Our Health Care Assistants are in the treatment room Monday to Friday between 09.00 and 11.00. They are able to take blood, measure blood pressure, organise the 24 hour blood pressure readings, ECG, new patient health checks, check urines etc. Appointments are required for any of the above services.
- Ante-natal clinic, Wednesday afternoon - appointment required
- Childhood immunisation – alternate Tuesday morning - appointment required
- Pharmacy adviser, Thursday afternoon - appointment required
- Asthma COPD clinic, Thursday afternoon – appointment required
- Health check clinic for newly registered patients – appointment required
- Holiday advice and immunisation clinic – appointment required with the Practice Nurse
- Minor Surgery – appointment required.
- Contraceptive services including long acting contraceptives – Implanon and Depo Provera injections – appointment required – this service is supplied by Soma Choudhury our female GP.
- Hypertension Clinic, – appointment required with the Health Care Assistant.
To ensure that your child is developing/progressing and is reaching the development ‘miles stones’ your baby will be seen at regular intervals. When your baby is 6 to 8 weeks old you will be sent an appointment to see the doctor for a development check. After this your Health Visitor will arrange follow up visits.
Appointments are sent automatically or can be made in the usual way by telephoning the surgery.
The clinic is on alternate Tuesday mornings between 9.00am and 11.00am. Please book in with the receptionist on arrival
Your Health Visitor will be able to advise you were you will be able to access your nearest baby clinic
Ante-natal and Post-natal Care
All doctors undertake full ante-natal and post-natal care in conjunction with the Community Midwife, Jenny Dawson. Messages can be left for Jenny on the post-natal ward at Furness General Hospital, telephone 870870.
Community Mental Health Service
The doctors are able to refer patients to the First Step Mental Health Team; they in turn will arrange appointments/advice for further care and treatment.
If you have decided to stop smoking and need that little bit of extra help and support, please visit any of the Murrays chemist and they will be able to offer advice and support.
Are you a carer for a relative or friend?
If you are a carer for one of our patients, we would like to know. We have information about support and help that is available to you. Please let the receptionist know.