General Data Protection Guidelines
This Practice aims to provide you with the highest quality of Healthcare. To do this we must keep records about you, your health and the care we have provide or plan to provide.
These records may include:
• Basic details about you, such as address, date of birth, next of kin;
• Notes and reports about your health;
• Contact we have had with you such as clinical visits;
• Details and records about your treatment and care;
• Results of x-rays, laboratory tests etc.
• Relevant information from people who care for you and know you well, such as health professionals and relatives.
The people who care for you use your records to:
• Provide a good basis for all health decisions made by you and care professionals;
• Make sure your care is safe and effective;
• Work effectively with others providing you with care.
We may also need to use records about you to:
• Check the quality of care;
• Protect the health of the general public;
• Help investigate any concerns or complaints you or your family have about your health care
We will not share information that identifies you for any reason, unless:
• You ask us to do so;
• We ask and you give your consent;
• It is clinical emergency;
• We have to do this by law
Everyone working for the NHS has a legal duty to keep information about you
confidential. We have a duty to:
• Maintain full and accurate records of the care we provide to you;
• Keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate;
• Provide information in a format that is accessible to you (eg in large type if you are
You have the right
• You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), The General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidentiality.
• You also have the right to ask for a copy of your records to enable you to verify the lawfulness of the processing of data held about you – Please write to the Practice
FAO Data Controller at the normal surgery address detailing the information you require.
The Data Controller at the practice is Dr Ashish Kshetrapal
The Data Protection Officer at the practice is Chloe Lowe